precipitation problems

Lim Pohyam pohyam at TECHNET.SG
Sat Nov 4 11:30:10 EST 1995

My bacterial recombinant proteins precipitates upon long storage at -20C.
Upon thawing from freezer, I detected strands of precipitates. There is
difficulty to re-suspend these strands. As a result, when I set up my
microtiter plates, the activity is decreased. I sometimes encounter as much
as 15-20% drop in protein concentration. This is creating havoc in my
assays. I would like to receive feedback on how to remove this problem. what
can I do? I keep losing my protein everytime I thawed them from the freezer!