Alopecia, slap-heads and diagnostics

Kevin O'Donnell odonnell at
Mon Oct 30 06:09:17 EST 1995

I have every sympathy with people affected by alopecia , a distressing =
medical condition in which all body hair is lost. However, I don't believ=
e that bionet.diagnostics is the fruitful arena in which this subject =
could be raised. More, and perhaps medically qualified, advice may be =
found in the newsgroups.

Ordinary male-pattern baldness, while an issue for some of us, is a more =
appropriate topic for bionet.general or (though may I just =
recommend to fellow slap-heads that blue, menthol-containing shampoo from=
 the Body Shop:-)).

What would be appropriate here is more on-charter posts.   More and more =
people are subscribing to bionet.diagnostics all the time and it is avail=
able as a usenet group, yet there has been no corresponding increase in =

May I make a suggestion to go some way towards stimulating discussion? =
If you are publishing a diagnostics-related paper, why not post the abstr=
act here, for others to read and comment on?

Other suggestions for improving the level of discussion in the group woul=
d be most welcome.

Dr Kevin O'Donnell		     "Work as if you were in the early days
Diagnostics and Molecular Biology         of a better nation"  Alasdair =
Scottish Agricultural Science Agency
Edinburgh                         		odonnell at