Advice Needed

Technogoddess gsprague at sky.net
Tue Aug 6 03:48:06 EST 1996

I hope this is not too far off topic for this group, forgive me if you
think this is inappropriate. I have great respect for the vendors of
diagnostic products and appreciate the difficulties involved in keeping
up with an ever changing market. I have been a user of diagnostic
products for nearly 30 years and have recently become a consultant to
laboratories as to the purchase of diagnistic kits to meet their testing
needs.

Recently I was approached by some friends that have varied experiences
in writing laboratory computer systems and that are interested in
finding a niche market for a software product. I was wondering if there
is a need in the diagnostics industry for a software package for the
research, development and manufacturing of diagnostic kits?

This would include instrument interfacing, quality control package, data
reduction and lot number tracking. It could also be customized to meet
some individual needs.

Are you aware of any software that is already meeting these needs? Are
programs being written in-house? Are they adequate? Do they meet ISO9000
standards? Is this a niche we should continue to investigate?

Thanks for any input you might have! Feel free to post or respond by
email.

Gwen
--
  Gwen E. Sprague, CLS(NCA), CPC