What's next for All the Virology on the WWW?

David M. Sander dmsander at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
Mon Aug 19 10:15:47 EST 1996

Dear Fellow Net Users,

Thanks for your support of "All the Virology on the WWW"!

        http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/garryfavweb.html

(If you aren't familiar with the site, or would like to add a URL to my
collection, please read "About All the Virology on the WWW" below.)

In the past I have asked this group to make suggestions about what sort of
resources should be added to my web site, to make it an even greater
resource to virologists, microbiologists, medical professionals and the
general public.  Many of these suggestions have been incorporated into the
site.  For example, my science jobs page:

        http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/garryfavwebjobs.html

or the Big Picture Book of Viruses:

        http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/Big_Virology/BVHomePage.html

Once again I'm requesting input.  I've listed several suggestion below, and
I would appreciate a quick e-mail from you with your vote from this list,
or another suggestion.

        Potential Suggestions for All the Virology on the WWW:

1. An expanded and enhanced series of pages for specific virus families,
   allowing direct connections to images, research sites, disease
   information, etc.

2. A more complete series of on-line tutorials and courses, a virtual
   "On-Line Field's Virology".

3. A chat and discussion group capability, with a focus on virology.

4. General information about viruses for non-professionals

Thanks for your support!  As usual, I'm interested in hearing any comments
that you might have.

Best Wishes,

David M. Sander

                  About All the Virology on the WWW:

        http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/garryfavweb.html

This comprehensive page lists Servers for Science Jobs, Government
Agencies, Electronic Journals, Scientific Societies, Patent and Legal
Resources, Scientific Companies, Epidemiology and Public Health, and
other Health Related Sites in addition to General Virology, Specific
Viruses, Microbiology, AIDS, Emerging Viruses, and much, much more.

This site is maintained and updated often.  Any submissions, additions or
corrections that you might have would be very much appreciated, and can
be made using the following form:

        http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/garryfavwebadd.html

With your assistance, this Web Site will continue to be the best
resource of its kind on the Web.  For those of you who maintain your own
Web Pages, please send me your address if it doesn't already appear on
mine,  and I will gladly add it to the list.

(Please note that netiquette forbids us from sending out information releases
to those individuals who do not wish to receive them.  Our distribution
list is small and hand selected.  All recipients of our releases were
gleaned after a visit to your Internet site or from a request to be
included.  On rare occasions we make a mistake and inadvertently send out
material which you may not wish to receive.  Please send us a nice note and
we will remove you from our list immediately).

David M. Sander                   E-Mail: dmsander at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, SL38
Tulane University Medical School                Phone:(504) 586-3818 (lab)
1430 Tulane Avenue                                          588-5150 (dept)
New Orleans, LA 70112-2699                      Fax:  (504) 588-5144 (dept)

WWW Homepage Address: http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/GarryHomePage.html
All the Virology: http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/garryfavweb.html