Moderation

Kevin O'Donnell odonnell at sasa.gov.uk
Mon Aug 19 10:15:55 EST 1996

Bionet.diagnostics has now been moderated for 2 weeks or so. I
thought that I would bring you all up to date with how this has
worked.

A number of posts have not been forwarded onto the list. These
split between the get-rich-quick type posts and 'what illness do I/my
sick relative have' posts. The former have simply been deleted, the
latter directed towards the sci.med newsgroups.  One post was
rejected on the grounds that it went against the bionet charter
conditions about commercial postings.

The reason I mention all of the above is so that you can form an
opinion of the way that moderation is being carried out and if need
be ask for it to be done differently.

As far as users of the mailing list and newsgroup are concerned,
nothing has changed in the way that you send or receive posts.  You
use the same address etc. as you did before. The only difference is that some
behind the scenes changes to the mailing list and newsgroup means
that posts go to the moderators for approval rather than straight to
other readers.

Kevin
Dr Kevin O'Donnell                          "I'm happy, I'm happy
Diagnostics and Molecular Biology    and I'll punch the man that says I'm not"
SASA                                                   - Ivor Cutler
Edinburgh