micro BUN and creatinin test

Technogoddess gsprague at sky.net
Fri Aug 30 03:29:38 EST 1996

jim wrote:

> Is there a micro method for measuring the creat. and BUN levels in serum
> and/or urine?  I am dealing with small volumns from mice and need a method
> that is applicable to a microplate reader or something similar.
> rogers at usuhs.usuhs.mil

Almost any test that can be done on an analyzer (Hitachi-Olympus-etc)
can be converted to be run on a microplate. I've converted many using
the same reagents we were using on our large analyzers. You would have
to hand pipet the samples but otherwise all you need is a plate reader,
pipets to add the reagents and samples, possibly (but not required) a
plate incubator. Most tests will require 3-15 ul of serum (but that can
be adjusted too) which can be harvested from blood collected in
cappillary tubes. BUN and Creatinine would be easy since both can be run
as endpoint tests.

Gwen
--
  Gwen E. Sprague, CLS(NCA), CPC