Conjugate/Block Buffers

Vigfrid Ness vigfrid.ness at veths.no
Thu Feb 1 05:40:20 EST 1996

D.Jones wrote:
> I'm presently doing some comparisons between different buffers to
> dilute my labelled antibody in, for use in ELISA. So far I have established
> sofar is that the standard conjugate buffer that we use here (2% PVP,
> 0.2% Ovalbumin in PBS-T) can be improved upon with the addition  of
> various other proteins such as BSA and Casein.

Followed by:
>What I am after is are buffers that will increase the signal : noise ratio
>in the actual ELISA. My actual Alkaline Phosphatase conjugates Pabs or mabs are
>quite stable enough. I don't really have any problems, I'm just trying
>to increase the sensitivity of the ELISA.

My comment is: Have you tried the NAD/H amplification system for AP-conjugates.
My own experience with it isn't the best - the system was too sensitive when
it came to background noice but I know about people in Wageningen who has
had good experience with it for detection of plant pathogens.

Vigfrid Ness
Dynal Microbiology R&D
DYNAL A.S.
Norway