Looking for slides: DNA probe hybridization

Kevin O'Donnell odonnell at sasa.gov.uk
Thu Feb 15 04:47:01 EST 1996

On 14 Feb 96 at 13:19, Christian Mouton wrote:

> I am looking for a series of slides, intended for non-molecular
> biologists, describing the steps - from DNA denaturation to
> hybridization with target DNA - in order to explain the use of DNA
> probes. Has anyone ever encountered a WWW site where such JPEGvie
> wmaterial would be available?

Try the following sites:

Cells Alive! http://www.comet.chv.va.us/quill/

Access Excellence  http://www.gene.com:80/ae/

Primer on molecular genetics http://www.gdb.org/Dan/DOE/intro.html

Bugs in the news http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~jbrown/bugs.html

Those are all good educational sites dealing with molecular biology,
though I can't recall what they have in the way of illustrations.

Kevin

Dr Kevin O'Donnell                           "Work as if you were in the early days
Diagnostics and Molecular Biology     of a better nation"
SASA                                                    - Alasdair Gray
Edinburgh