Conjugate/Block Buffers

D Jones djones at SCRI.SARI.AC.UK
Mon Jan 29 09:21:49 EST 1996

I'm presently doing some comparisons between different buffers to dilute
my labelled antibody in, for use in ELISA. So far I have established so
far is that the standard conjugate buffer that we use here (2% PVP, 0.2%
Ovalbumin in PBS-T) can be improved upon with the addition  of
various other proteins such as BSA and Casein. I was wondering whether
anyone was using a buffer that they have found to be better than
anything else they have tried, or does anyone know any commercial
suppliers of conjugate/block buffers that they have found to be any good.

D.A.C. Jones
e-mail djones at