Breast cancer info, and BRCA genes

R. Scott Jokerst scott_jokerst at data-transport.com
Sat Jun 8 18:21:13 EST 1996

Another good starting resource for your quest for information would be
Biological Data Transport's resource at:

        http://www.data-transport.com

Once there, go to the TransportSelect service, which can search several web
resources simultaneously.  Enter your query term, in this case:

        breast cancer

Make sure to turn the checks ON for the external resources which interest
you.  I turned them all on.  When the results came back, I followed one of
the links from OMIM (an excellent "encyclopedia" of gene resource
information in man).  There are several other relevant links that also come
back which you may be interested in, discussing BRCA-1, -2, etc.

These links will give you a great deal of starting info on breast cancer.
Hope this may be helpful,

Scott

 R. Scott Jokerst (510-648-8229)   scott_jokerst at data-transport.com
 Biological Data Transport         http://www.data-transport.com
 Bringing FOCUS to life sciences informatics, product, & services resources