early diagnosis = money?

James Miller millerj at knoxy.agvic.gov.au
Sun Jun 16 19:51:55 EST 1996

I'm sure most diagnosticians/pathologists believe/know that early
diagnosis of a pest / pathogen / disease is advantageous for a grower
as he/she can take control measures and minimise losses.

I am interested in finding SPECIFIC EXAMPLES that early diagnosis of
a pest/disease/pathogen in a crop can lead to harm minimisation and a
consequential improved yield.
In particular I am looking for some cases where it can be shown that
the earlier the diagnosis the better the yield.

Does anyone know where I can get some good statistics about this?

James Miller
Agriculture Victoria
61 3 9210 9252
James Miller