Saliva

Technogoddess gsprague at sky.net
Sat Mar 23 22:15:25 EST 1996

On 4 Mar 1996 HartA at agresearch.cri.nz wrote:

> I want to collect human saliva samples. I vaguely recall that it is possible
> to get absorbent pads that can be sucked/ chewed and then removed from the
> subjects mouth. Does anyone know of a source of these? Would the cylindrical
> pads that dentists use to keep their patient's teeth dry be suitable?
>
> Thanks,
>                 Alan Hart

You can also find collection kits from Sarstedt and Epitope. I've used both along with the Saliva
Diagnostics System for various applications. They each have their pros and cons and it could
depend upon your specific use as to the best one to utilize. I often use the following sources when
searching for products.

http://www.biosupplynet.com/bsn/

or

http://www.data-transport.com/

Good Luck!

Gwen

        >>> Freelance Technogoddess <<<
  "I am NOT unemployed, I'm a consultant."