electrophoresis in agarose gel

Hang-Rae Kim chamel at plaza.snu.ac.kr
Mon Aug 11 04:17:04 EST 1997

I am handling the plasmid pIH821(6.2kb, New England Biolab) for
expressiong the fusion protein.
So The plasmid was digested by restriction enzyme(NeB) EcoR1, EcoR1 site
was including at the polylinker site.
The digested plasmid was running the 1% agarose gel, I eluted the band
of 6.2kb plasmid by QIAGEN kits(LRS lab).

But when the eluted plasmid was running 1% agarose, I found the two
bands of 6.2kb, 2-3kb. But this 2-3kb band was variable in size from 3kb
to <2kb.
I don't know that 2-3kb plamid band is generated from eluted plasmid
DNA.

I hope you your kindness.

chamel at plaza.snu.ac.kr