cuvette question

James J. Campanella jjc4 at po.cwru.edu
Mon May 11 03:13:26 EST 1998

Dear netters, I have what may be considered a silly question. We
all know that in looking at UV absorbance in a spectrophotometer
that we use quartz cuvettes because glass absorbs UV light and
doesn't give you an accurate answer. But, can you use quartz
cuvettes in looking at the white light absorbance of something
in a spec? In other words, does a lab need both a set of glass
AND quartz cuvettes? I have not been able to come up with a good
reason why not. Any comments?

Thanks,

Jim Campanella
Lehigh University
Dept. of Biological Sciences

--
**The Past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future
  frightens us . . . and our lives slip away, moment by moment,