New HUM-MOLGEN homapage at http://hum-molgen.de

zollmann at medizin.fu-berlin.de zollmann at medizin.fu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 8 07:36:23 EST 1999

The homepage of HUM-MOLGEN - the International Communication Forum in
Human
Genetics
moved to the new address http://hum-molgen.de.

Since 1994 HUM-MOLGEN focuses on almost instantaneous interactive
communication between individuals, institutions, companies and
clinicians
working in the field of Human Genetics. At this time (November '99),
more
than 5,500 subscribers and 40,000 WWW users from 80 countries
participate
at our service. For further information please contact
HUM-MOLGEN at nic.surfnet.nl.

We are looking forward to your participation in this forum.

Frank S. Zollmann
(on behalf of HUM-MOLGEN Editors)

----

http://www.hum-molgen.de/main.php3

international communication forum in human genetics

bridging the gap between bioscience and medicine

             discussion forum:

             Biotechnical requests and sources
             Requests conc. spec. protocols, ...

             DIAGnostics - Clinical Research (professional requests)
             Requests from researchers regarding general information on
genetic
             diseases/ treatments,  collaborative studies, laboratories
performing certain
             molecular tests

             DIAGnostics - Clinical Research (patient requests)
             Requests are doubly moderated; thus the reply must go
through
HMGN
             editorial board

             Ethical, legal and social implications
             Discussions conc. the ethical, legal and social
implications
of the Human
             Genome Project

             Internet resources in Human Genetics
             Announcements of new Internet sources for the scientific
community

             Literature for Human Geneticists & Biomedical Journals
             Recent and historical books, announcements of new and
direct
links to
             important journals

             News (academic & non-academic)
             Recent developments in human genetics and molecular
biology,
funding
             opportunities, press releases of biotech companies

             Open Topic Forum / Special offers
             missing sources, feedback / free samples, reduced offers
etc.

             further services:

             Biolinks & Databases
             Important biomedical resources, incl. catalog of human
genes
and genetic
             disorders (OMIM) and Medline (PubMed)

             Biomedical companies
             Registry of biotechnological and medical companies (>1.110)

             Events in Bioscience and Medicine
             Searchable database of upcoming exhibitions and events

             Positions in Bioscience and Medicine
             Central resource for employment in Genetics and
Biotechnology

             SOM-MUT
             Somatic Mutation Analysis Database and Laboratory Registry

             HUM-MOLGEN / about us:

             HUM-MOLGEN Mailing list & WWW
             HUM-MOLGEN is a moderated communication service in Human
genetics
             providing the opportunity to communicate with scientists,
physicians and
             other genetics professionals worldwide.