PCR: Advantages and Disadvantages of PCR-Based Detection Kits

stewartl at best.com[mailto:stewartl at best.com] stewartl at best.com[mailto:stewartl at best.com]
Mon Oct 4 05:20:20 EST 1999

In this month's Alkami PCR Reviews Dr. Michael Zwick discusses the
Advantages and Disadvantages of PCR-Based Detection Kits.

"This month I conclude my three part series on why I feel PCR-based
diagnostics should be common in the clinical lab setting. Last month, I
discussed three reasons why PCR is particularly useful, i.e., that it is
fast, doesn't require culturing, and is cost-effective. Today I will
discuss some additional rationale for considering the use of PCR in the
clinical setting.". You can find his article at

The Alkami Biosystems site, http://www.alkami.com, is a comprehensive
resource for the polymerase chain reaction (PCR). We have online
references that include primer design tips and tools, reagent
concentrations, polymerase characteristics, PCR methods, and temperature
calculations.In addition, you will find regular reviews of PCR issues,
employment resources for the biologist, as well as special FREE lab
supply offers at http://www.alkami.com/products/idxprods.htm
Thanks for your interest.
Simplified Solutions for Complex Questions (tm)
info at alkami.com      http://www.alkami.com
P.O. Box 11216        Berkeley CA 94712 USA