Question about the legal use of PCR

news at news at
Fri Aug 25 03:28:44 EST 2000

Hello again,

    I happened to be browsing Roche's USA site and ran across an address
where you can get their licensing info.  I expect the info to be the same
PCR use in the UK as well as the USA.  Here's the quote from one of their
pages: "Further information on purchasing licenses to practice the PCR
process may be obtained by contacting the Director of Licensing at the
Perkin-Elmer Corporation, 850 Lincoln Center Drive, Foster City,
California 94404 or at Roche Molecular Systems, Inc., 1145 Atlantic Avenue,
Alameda, California 94501."

Good Luck!!!