DROSOPHILA/bionet.drosophila is ready for operation

Fri Apr 2 23:55:39 EST 1993

The DROSOPHILA/bionet.drosophila newsgroup has passed our tests and is
operational at both daresbury.ac.uk and net.bio.net.  However, the DIN
mailing list still must be received and installed (Don, Michael or
Wayne - please send it to biosci at net.bio.net and I'll split it up for
use here and at Daresbury.  Please don't send it to
"kristoff at net.bio.net" because I have a tremendous backlog of mail in
that pile from this last week).

In the interim we are accepting e-mail subscriptions at the usual
addresses according to your location.  If your address is on the DIN
mailing list, then it will be installed shortly when I receive the
list, so there is no need to subscribe separately.

Address                              Location
-------                              --------
biosci at daresbury.ac.uk               Europe, Africa, and Central Asia
biosci at net.bio.net                   Americas and the Pacific Rim

USENET users can post directly to bionet.drosophila at your local
site.  Please be sure to set your article distribution to either
"world" or "bionet" if the latter option is available.  E-mail users
can post messages (EXCEPT SUBSCRIPTION REQUESTS!!!) to one of the
following addresses:

Address                              Location
dros at daresbury.ac.uk                 Europe, Africa, and Central Asia
dros at net.bio.net                     Americas and the Pacific Rim

Messages posted by mail show up in USENET news and vice versa.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				kristoff at net.bio.net