Nominations for Sandler Lecture

Kathy Matthews matthewk at
Thu Dec 9 10:28:57 EST 1993

I am posting this reminder for Mariana Wolfner (a reminder for you, from
her).  --  KM

     We invite the nomination of candidates to present the
seventh Larry Sandler Memorial Lecture at the 1994 Drosophila
Conference. The Sandler Lecture is given on the first night of
the conference; the 1994 conference will be held at the Sheraton-
Chicago Hotel from April 20-24. Any student completing a Ph.D. in
an area of Drosophila research in calendar year 1993 is eligible
and may be nominated by his/her thesis advisor. Past recipients
of this honor are:  Dr. Bruce Edgar (1988), Dr. Kate Harding
(1989), Dr. Michael Dickinson (1990), Dr. Maurice Kernan (1991),
Dr. Doug Kellogg (1992), Dr. David Schneider (1993). The Sandler
Lecturer will be chosen by a committee composed of Andrew Clark,
Ian Duncan, Ruth Lehmann, Don Ready, Barbara Wakimoto and Mariana
Nominations should include a curriculum vita, a thesis
abstract of one or two pages, and a letter of nomination from the
advisor. Nominations should be sent by December 20, 1993 to:
Mariana Wolfner, Section of Genetics and Development, Cornell
University, 423 Biotechnology Bldg., Ithaca NY 14853-2703.
Telephone: (607) 254-4801, FAX: (607) 255-2428.