Nominations for Sandler Lecture

Kathy Matthews matthewk at fly.bio.indiana.edu
Thu Dec 9 10:28:57 EST 1993

I am posting this reminder for Mariana Wolfner (a reminder for you, from
her).  --  KM

REMINDER: NOMINATIONS FOR LARRY SANDLER MEMORIAL LECTURE
     We invite the nomination of candidates to present the
seventh Larry Sandler Memorial Lecture at the 1994 Drosophila
Conference. The Sandler Lecture is given on the first night of
the conference; the 1994 conference will be held at the Sheraton-
Chicago Hotel from April 20-24. Any student completing a Ph.D. in
an area of Drosophila research in calendar year 1993 is eligible
and may be nominated by his/her thesis advisor. Past recipients
of this honor are:  Dr. Bruce Edgar (1988), Dr. Kate Harding
(1989), Dr. Michael Dickinson (1990), Dr. Maurice Kernan (1991),
Dr. Doug Kellogg (1992), Dr. David Schneider (1993). The Sandler
Lecturer will be chosen by a committee composed of Andrew Clark,
Ian Duncan, Ruth Lehmann, Don Ready, Barbara Wakimoto and Mariana
Wolfner.
Nominations should include a curriculum vita, a thesis
abstract of one or two pages, and a letter of nomination from the
advisor. Nominations should be sent by December 20, 1993 to:
Mariana Wolfner, Section of Genetics and Development, Cornell
University, 423 Biotechnology Bldg., Ithaca NY 14853-2703.
Telephone: (607) 254-4801, FAX: (607) 255-2428.