(none)

JPMARTIN at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU JPMARTIN at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri Jun 4 19:34:33 EST 1993

From: jpmartin at ccit.arizona.edu
Newsgroups: bionet.drosophila
Subject: Help us build a Drosophila Thesaurus

Dear Drosophila Researcher:

Our group is developing an automatic thesaurus for the
Drosophila Research Community.  We are gathering "object filters" (gene
names, protein function names, researcher names, technique names,
subjects and other keywords), as well as full text electronic documents for
cluster analysis (semantic relationships).

The flybase and online Redbook have been very helpful for the former, but
we need more electronic full text documents for determining
relationships between words.

I ask your assistance in providing us with a wide range of full text
documents in *electronic* format, particularly abstracts and review-type
articles.   This is important, so that the terms in our thesaurus are as
rich as possible, i.e. that the thesaurus covers as much of the
terminology used in Drosophila research as possible.

The documents will *not* be used for their intellectual content, so there
is no problem with copyright.  We are only interested in the terms and
their relationships to one another.  The documents will be erased once we
have extracted the objects and conducted the cluster analysis.

Please send whatever files you can to:
jpmartin at ccit.arizona.edu

Thank you very much,

Joanne Martinez