D. pseudoobscura PCR primers?

FARMERJ at YVAX.BYU.EDU FARMERJ at YVAX.BYU.EDU
Tue Nov 2 17:53:59 EST 1993

I am looking at genetic diversity within and genetic distance
between isolated populations of Drosophila pseudoobscura on the
Colorado Plateau.  I have spent about a year using RAPD's for
this purpose.  The results are interesting-- there is a lot of
diversity-- but they are difficult to analyze because of the
inherent uncertainty of what is (or is not) being amplified.  I
would like to supplement, or perhaps replace, those studies with
PCR analysis of length polymorphisms.

Does anyone know primer sequences which amplify unique sequence
regions of the Drosophila pseudoobscura genome which contain
length polymorphisms?  The alleles should have a reasonably high
heterozygosity in natural populations.  If so, please send them
to me.  I will be happy to summarize the responses.

James Farmer
571 WIDB
Brigham Young University
Provo, Utah 84602, USA