confocal microscopes

gendjc at LUXOR.LATROBE.EDU.AU gendjc at LUXOR.LATROBE.EDU.AU
Tue Nov 23 18:48:32 EST 1993

I've used Zeiss, BioRad, and an early Leica. Zeiss and Leica microscopes
are better than Olympus (BioRad) but I liked the BioRad software better.
It's good to get 2 lasers if you can, because more dyes are then available
to you. I don't know what software the current Leica uses, but it's got to
be better than the OS9 operating system it used to have. It will probably
be expensive though. Ditto for the Zeiss, but it's a very good system and
images are readily transferrable to other formats and applications.
Dave Clancy
LaTrobe
Melbourne Australia