Tedion sources

Terrence Lyttle LYTTLE at UHCCVX.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU
Wed Oct 6 19:39:15 EST 1993

     Here is a summary of the responses I obtained
 about the availability of tedion for use as an acaricide
in Drosophila cultures.  We were successful in getting
it from Aldrich:  I do not know whether it is still available
 from the other three sources mentioned.
Thanks to those who took the time to respond.

"TEDION (2-4-4'-5-tetrachlorodiphenyl sulfone 95%) from :
Chemical Dynamics Corporation, Hadley Road,
P.O. Box 395, South Plainfield,
New Jersey 07080.......Although I do not remember
the exact price, a 50 gm bottle cost somewhere around $20."

"Chem Service, Inc., PO Box 3108,
West Chester, PA 19381-3108;
215-692-3026; Fax 215-692-8729:
1 gram = $36.70 and 10g = 251.20."

"Allbright & Wilson, Midox Ltd, Glaston Park,
Glaston, Oakham,
 Leicestershire, LE15 9BX. Tel 057 282 2561.....
used in UK agriculture to control red spider mites....
The smallest amount they could supply was 5 litres as an
emulsion of 8% tetradifon in 70% xylene."

"Aldrich, catalog number S42834-5, and note on the
order that this is an "ABC item."  These items are kept in
small amounts and are not in the catalog.  The price was $35 for 5 grams."

Aloha,

Terry Lyttle
-------