european meeting

Preszow Riri rpreszow at be.ac.ulb
Thu Oct 21 09:48:41 EST 1993

Dear colleague:

The next European Meeting on Drosophila Neurobiology will take place
near Montpellier, France, from Monday October 3 at 9AM to Thursday
October 6 at noon. The venue will be at La Grande Motte, in a pleasant
hotel somewhat isolated in a pinewood. The place is out of sight of
any unseemly building, yet within walking distance of the sea (3 min)
and the nearest "cafe" (1 min). The place can accomodate up to 150
people.

We plan to have about 20 talks (30' + 10' disc), and 25 short
presentations (15' + 5' discussion), and two poster sessions. We also
plan to spend an afternoon in the very beutiful medieval city of
Aigues-Mortes which in October will be mercifully empty of tourists.

The price of registration will be 1200FF for four days (Sunday to
Thursday). In order to keep the meeting as inexpensive as possible, we
have decided that the registration fee will cover exactly the hotel +
organizing expenses, and therefore no travel will be covered. For the
same reason we chose the so-called "half-pension" scheme, ie.
breakfast and dinner are included but not lunch - there is a lovely
bakery, grocery and butchery next to the cafe.

We would like to know at your earliest convenience, and preferably by
return of the mail, whether you plan to attend this meeting. We would
also like to have a rough estimate of the number of people from your
lab that would also come. We expect that the deadline for registration
will be sometime in March, but we should be pleased to have at least a
rough estimate of who will probably come so that we can proceed with
the organization. Thanks a lot in advance.

The organizers:

Alain GHYSEN, Brussels
fax:(32.2)650.9744   phone:(32.2)650.9936   e-mail: aghysen at ulb.ac.be

Christine DAMBLY-CHAUDIERE, Montpellier
 (fax, phone and e-mail not known yet)

Secretariat :

Henriette PRESZOW, Brussels
fax: (32.2.)650.9744   phone: (32.2)650.9946   e-mail:
rpreszow at ulb.ac.be

PS - the address list for this meeting is somewhat chaotic. In order
to establish a list of all potentially interested labs we send this
information to a large section of the drosophila community. Even if
you are not at all interested, could you please make sure that people
that might be interested in drosophila neurobiology (in your
institute) know of this meeting, and send us their e-mail or any
address if they have not received this message themselves? Thanks a
lot.