Theory predicts maternal hunchback/bicoid interaction

Una Smith una at doliolum.biology.yale.edu
Thu Apr 28 11:06:36 EST 1994

For the past year, a copy of a 1992 paper by John Reinitz, Eric
Mjolsness and David H. Sharp has resided on the Ecology and Evolution
gopher/anonymous FTP archive on sunsite.unc.edu.  Recently, there has
been a surge in the number of requests for this paper.  John Reinitz
says that the recent interest is because

	"cooperativity between bicoid and maternal hunchback,
	which we predicted in 1992, has now been experimentally
	demonstrated by Marcia Simpson-Brose and Claude Desplan."

Here is the gopher link information, and the author's current address,
if you're interested in learning more about this work:

Name=Drosophila developmental theory paper
Type=1
Port=70
Path=1/../.pub/academic/biology/ecology+evolution/papers/drosophila_theory
Host=calypso-2.oit.unc.edu.

John Reinitz
Brookdale Center for Molecular Biology
Mount Sinai Medical School
New York, NY  36061  USA

reinitz at kruppel.molbio.mssm.edu

212-241-1952

As administrator of the Ecology and Evolution archive, I am very proud
to have been able to make this paper widely available to developmental
biologists around the world.

	Una Smith			smith-una at yale.edu