Drosophila Brain Sections in the Flybase

ITO, Kei ito at mzdmza.zdv.uni-mainz.de
Thu Aug 25 12:17:17 EST 1994

Dear Drosophila researchers,

I depositted some scanned image of the Drosophila adult brain in the
Flybase. There are 45 photographs of frontal, horizontal, and sagittal
sections stained with silver nitrate (in total about 6MB). The names of
major brain structure are annotated. Three index pictures are also
provided. This is by no means a real atlas, but it would be helpful for
quick reference as well as for educational purpose. Sorry for the bad
alignment of sections; I first made the data just for my private use, but
then I thought it may not be a bad idea to share it with fellow
Drosophilists.

I would appreciate any comments and suggestions, negative or
positive, about this version. Please contact me if you have any idea to
make it more useful.

The files can be copied via FTP at:

    ftp.bio.indiana.edu
        FlyBase/
            Allied fly data/
               images/
                   brain-k-ito/

You can also point your Gopher to:

  Type=1+
  Name=brain-k-ito
  Path=1/Flybase/allied-data/images/brain-k-ito
  Host=ftp.bio.indiana.edu
  Port=70

or Mosaic to:

Please also check the 00Readme file, which contains some notes and tips.

I thank Don Gilbert at Flybase for the arrangement.

ITO, Kei
    Institute of Genetics, University of Mainz
    Saarstr. 21, D-55122 Mainz, GERMANY
    tel   :  (49) 6131 - 39 32 93
    fax   :  (49) 6131 - 39 58 45
    email : ito at mzdmza.zdv.uni-mainz.de