Tedion availability

Ian Boussy iboussy at ORION.IT.LUC.EDU
Thu Aug 25 17:56:02 EST 1994

On 22 August, Christopher Jones wrote:

>We're trying to find a source for Tedion ... here in the U.S. ... Does
>anyone have a source for this (also called Tetradifon)?

Aldrich doesn't list Tedion (A.K.A. 2,4,4',5-TetraChloroDiphenyl Sulfone)
in its catalogue, but if you call their Rare Chemicals department, you
can found out how much they currently have available. It is currently
listed in the company computers, with catalogue number S42834-5 for five
grams, and sells for $35 (their minimum price for rare chemical orders).

Good luck with it. I've tried to use it recently against an infestation
of what appear to be Histiostoma mites (but without the hypopal stage
that drives the flies and us crazy). The mites ignore the paper
impregnated with the Tedion. Oh, well ...

Ian Boussy
Biology, Loyola University