Scutellar Bristle Mutant?

Michael Myers myersm at hcx.rockefeller.edu
Mon Feb 7 18:51:53 EST 1994

Is anyone aware of a recessive second chromosome mutation that affects
the direction of posterior scutellar bristles? I have encountered a
contaminating mutation that, when homozygous, causes the posterior
scutellars to sweep in the anterior direction, and away from the midline
(essentially a mirror image in two axes). It also seems to cause a
certain degree of lethality, as homozygous flies (ie. no CyO) are
under-represented. Since I can easily re-make my stock, this new mutation
is not a problem. I'm just curious to know what it is.

Forward and Out Scutellars,

Michael Myers
myersm at rockvax.rockefeller.edu