Hybridizing Drosophila spp.

Mohamed Noor mnoo at midway.uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 9 15:49:57 EST 1994

     I am looking for references that describe hybridization
between Drosophila species IN NATURE.  I know that D. pseudoobscura
and D. persimilis are supposed to hybridize naturally at low levels,
as are D. heteroneura and D. silvestris.  What are other naturally
hybridizing Drosophila species pairs?  Please reply by e-mail or
posting to the net.  Thanks!   --Mohamed

Mohamed A. Noor                      mnoo at midway.uchicago.edu
Dept. Ecology & Evolution/ U.Chicago
1101 E. 57th Street                  Tel  (312) 702-1106
Chicago, IL 60637   U.S.A.           FAX  (312) 702-9740