Books on drosophila developmental genetics

Robert Geisler geisler at
Sun Jan 9 20:07:01 EST 1994

In article <1994Jan6.124753.23703 at chemabs.uucp>, btf64 at (Bernard T.
French) wrote:

>      Could someone recommend one or several books which cover drosophila
> developmental genetics.  I'm especially interested in books which focus on
> cellular and molecular mechanisms in early embryogenesis pattern and polarity
> development.

As an introduction, I would recommend P.A. Lawrence, The Making of a Fly
(Blackwell, 1992).
J.M.W. Slack, From Egg to Embryo (Cambridge University Press, 1991)
discusses Drosophila development in the context of other model systems.