I need a song about insects

Peter Rice rice at embl-heidelberg.de
Thu Jan 13 02:28:32 EST 1994

In article <2h1k1d$pfl at gaia.ucs.orst.edu>, schuettm at UCS.ORST.EDU (O'le Biscut Barrel) writes:
> I need a song for a project in my entomology class. The song title must
> deal with insects. i.e. The Flight of the Bumblebee. I also need to be able to
> get a copy of the music or song so no really obsure songs. Thanks.

For a really big project, try Vaughan Williams' "Wasps Overture". No words,
I dont have the music.

For a really small project, try Arthur Askey's "Buzz buzz buzz buzz, busy bee,
busy bee. Buzz if you like but don't sting me". That's the words, again
I don't have the music.

For a real cheat, try Winnie-the-Pooh's song to fool the bees (words in the
first Pooh story, and you can make up the music yourself :-)

To avoid music altogether, try Cyril Fletcher's monologue about the ballet
dancer who achieves fame and fortune when she gets a bee in her tights.

Funny, they are nearly all bee songs. Must be some others. Did anyone ever
write anything about beetles? (not, not "all I want from Xmas is a Beatle" :-)

Oh yes, and Monty Python's "Eric the half a bee" - if you can use a song about
half an insect...

 Peter Rice, EMBL                             | Post: Computer Group
                                              |       European Molecular
 Internet:    Peter.Rice at EMBL-Heidelberg.DE   |            Biology Laboratory
                                              |       Postfach 10-2209
 Phone:   +49-6221-387247                     |       69012 Heidelberg
 Fax:     +49-6221-387306                     |       Germany