myc-tag staining

HAIYAN DENG hdeng at hubio2.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 27 20:33:00 EST 1994

Hi everyone,
I am trying to do localization study for a protein of interest in Drosophila
embryo. The experiment is to generate a stable germ-line transformant to
express in vivo the protein with myc-tag at the N-terminus. After the embryo
is fixed, I stain the embryo with mAb 9E10 and subsequently with conjugated
anti-mouse antibodies, followed by fluorescence microscopy. But I've been
having difficulties with this experiment in that the fluorescence signal is
extremely, although I can see fairly strong signal with western blot.

Any suggestion on how to improve the fluorescence localization experiment will
be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

Haiyan