CaSpeR cloning - Help sought

jonesc jonesc at
Fri Jul 1 13:01:47 EST 1994

A colleague and I have been struggling to subclone various genomic
fragments (ca. 8-12 kb) into pCaSpeR4 for plasmid rescue experiments,
but have been having the devil's own time getting recombinant plasmids.
Does anyone have any suggestions beyond using massive amounts of insert
and vector (which we've been doing) and Herculean effort (ditto)? Is
there something peculiar/tricky about this vector, or large vectors, or
large inserts? I've tried looking around in what seem to me the right
places, but have come up empty-handed. Thanks for any help you have to

Chris Jones (jonesc at