Kafatos fly stocks (fwd)

Leonard Dobens Jr. dobens at BIOSUN.HARVARD.EDU
Fri Jun 10 09:49:55 EST 1994

Kafatos Fly Stocks: Termination Notice

	Due to our lab relocation, we will be terminating 50%-70% of our
existing lab stocks of Drosophila.  Anybody desiring flies from Kafatos
publications (1983 - 1993) should notify us by June 30, 1994.  Most of
these include transgenic flies carrying various promoter-reporter
constructs to test chorion gene expression (from Drosophila melanogaster
and other Drosophila species, moth) and amplification.  Other lines
include those used to study Drosophila integrins and Elf-1/grainyhead.
Relevant papers are published by F.C. Kafatos and the following authors:
B. Bienz-Tadmor, S. Bray, N. Brown, C. Delidakis, A. Dokidis, M.
Fenerjian, J. Grinblat, H. Kashevsky, B. Mariani, A. Mitsialis, H. Nguyen,
C. Romano, P. Snyder, N. Spoerel, C. Swimmer, V. Veletza.
	We will be maintaining at EMBL/Heidelberg some lines: selected
chorion promoter-lacZ strains (B. Mariani, M. Shea, P. Tolias), female
steriles from Komitopolou et al. (1983  Genetics 105:897), and
amplification mutants from Orr et al. (1984  PNAS 81:3773).
	Requests should be directed to Dr. Len Dobens (phone 617-495-3292;
FAX 617-495-4312; E-mail: dobens at biosun.harvard.edu) by June 30, 1994.
The stocks will be terminated during July. Not all stocks have been saved
from all publications - please inquire.  We will do our best to
accommodate requests and provide sufficient documentation on the strains
that you will receive.  Thank you for your consideration.

The Kafatos Lab