Collecting eggs: when's best?

Eugen C. Buehler buehler at pop.pitt.edu
Sat Jun 25 07:41:45 EST 1994

    I have generally found that we get the most eggs starting about 2 hours
after the dark cycle begins.  Other factors include the age of the flies
(younger flies will tend to lay more) and the stock you are injecting (w-
lay a lot more than ry-).  Finally, fresh yeast paste seems to be a strong
inducement to lay eggs.  To see our whole protocol see our Web server at:

    http://flies3.bio.pitt.edu/

                                                Eugen Buehler
                                                Dept. of Biological Sciences
                                                University of Pittsburgh