postdoc position avail. immed.

DELIDAKIS at myia.imbb.forth.gr DELIDAKIS at myia.imbb.forth.gr
Sat Mar 19 10:17:26 EST 1994

Postdoctoral position available immediately to study the function of the
ESPL-Complex in Drosophila (Delidakis and Artavanis-Tsakonas, 1992, P.N.A.S.
89, 8731; Knust et al, 1992, Genetics 132, 505).  These genes encode a
family of transcription factors implicated in the transduction of
intercellular signals (via the Notch receptor) to the nucleus.

The research will be carried out in the lab of Christos Delidakis at the
Institute of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology in Heraklion, Crete, Greece.
The IMBB is a small yet active workplace and there are diverse research
groups to provide a stimulating scientific atmosphere.  The position is
funded for 2 years by a EC grant (applicable only for non-Greek EC/EFTA
nationals - but anyone is welcome to apply, if you can find salary support).
Background in genetics, molecular biology or cell biology is highly desirable.

We are currently in the process of dissecting interactions involving the
ESPL-C factors (1) at the protein level using the yeast two-hybrid system
(Gyuris et al, 1993, Cell 75, 791) and (2) using fly genetics.  Additional
directions may be taken in the future, esp. the immunocytochemical detection
and biochemical analysis of the proteins in question.  We have active
collaborations with groups in Basel (Switzerland), Cambridge (UK), Yale
(USA) and McGIll (Canada).  Short term visits to these labs can be arranged
as need arises to expand our technical abilities and enrich the scope of our
research.

If you are interested, please send your CV and the names/addresses of two
references to:

Christos Delidakis
Institute of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, FO.R.T.H.
P.O.Box 1527
GR 711 10, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
fax: XX-30-81-231-308

If you would like more information, feel free to contact me:
DELIDAKIS at MYIA.IMBB.FORTH.GR