Candida crusiae

Terrence Lyttle LYTTLE at UHCCVX.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU
Thu May 5 13:41:10 EST 1994

A number of years ago we had a strain of the yeast species Candida crusiaea
(spelling of the species name may be off by a letter or two!) which was a
super food source for Drosophila when sprayed onto cultures.  This culture
was unfortunately subsequently lost.  Does anyone on the network currently
keep this species in their labs, or know where a culture might be obtained?
I have asked my yeast colleagues here, but they seem to be pretty much
limited to knowledge of Saccharomyces species.

Thanks and aloha
    Terry

Terrence W. Lyttle              Lyttle at UHCCVX
Department of Genetics and      Lyttle at UHUNIX.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU
 Molecular Biology              808-956-5513
University of Hawaii            FAX: 808
-------