DNA prep for P1 clones? Qiagen or PEG?

Charlie Wright Genetics cw117 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Tue May 17 05:57:26 EST 1994

I'm about to do 250ml (mini in the case of P1) preps of some of the P1
clones found on flybase.  The only Protocol given says Grow O/N,
innoculate large flask, add IPTG to induce amplification, grow some more.
"proceed with the Qiagen maxi-prep according to the kit protocol".  The
problem is, there isn't a Qiagen for P1 bacteriophage kit.  I could treat
it like a really big plasmid, but does anyone know how the elution
buffers should be modified (if at all?)  Help, help.

Others have suggested PEG precipitation.

Any experience appreciated.

C. R. Wright                                    Dept. of Genetics
+44 (0)223 333970 telephone                     Univ. of Cambridge
+44 (0)223 333992 telefax                       Downing Street, Cambs.
cw117 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk                        CB2 3EH, England