Drosophila brain atlas

Karl-Friedrich Fischbach kff at SUN1.RUF.UNI-FREIBURG.DE
Wed Nov 9 07:13:18 EST 1994

Dear Drosophilists,

others and myself have the idea of providing free structural data about the
nervous system of Drosophila by electronic means. A forum well suited for
this purpose seems to be the world wide web. The idea is that already
existing structural data all around the world will be crosslinked via
hypertext, thus creating an evergrowing decentralized database about the
nervous system of Drosophila.
Although the strength of the world wide web is that a common format of data
organization is not essential, some agreement on that would be extremely
helpful. Therefore, I invite all those who would like to contribute to the
atlas to send me their ideas. Any www-server homeaddress would also be
welcomed.
My own is: http://deep-thought.biologie.uni-freiburg.de/data/kff.html

You will see that so far only the idea of an atlas and few data are
implemented. More will be added soon, however.

Best regards, K.-F. Fischbach

Prof. Dr. K.-F. Fischbach                       Tel.: 0761-203-2730
Institut fur Biologie III                       Fax: 0761-203-2745
Schanzlestr.1                                   kff at sun1.ruf.uni-freiburg.de
79104 Freiburg i. Brsg.
-

http://deep-thought.biologie.uni-freiburg.de/data/kff.html