Df's around 85D

oujac at vax.ox.ac.uk oujac at vax.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 28 07:59:00 EST 1994

Dear everyone,
Is there a deficiency available that overlaps Df(3R)B2t (i.e.
In(3R)Scr[MscL]Antp[BR]) on either side?  The extent of this large deficiency
is not perfectly defined, but is approximately 85C2-85E7 as far as I know (I am
working on resolving the contradiction with Redbook!)

On the proximal side, the pink deficiencies seem the obvious choice.  We
already have Df(3R)p-XT9; Redbook lists two others, p30 and p46, whose distal
breakpoint is probably distal to that of p-XT9.  Does anyone have these stocks?

On the distal side, we already have Df(3R)by10, by62 and by416.  I cannot find
any Df's extending more proximally than these.  Again, is there anyone out
there with such a deletion?

Any help with Df's overlapping either end of B2t would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Ben Yudkin