myc epitope tag in flies

David Micklem drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 3 08:03:48 EST 1994

meller at virginia.edu

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Margaret Meller
> Univ. of Virginia
> Dept of Biology

Hi Margaret,

I've made myc-tagged constructs driven by the maternal alpha4 tubulin and
bicoid promotors, and have had no problems with detecting the tag in any
of them.

While we're on the subject, I've nearly run out of the anti-myc 9E10
monoclonal antibody I've been using.  I've also heard that the antibody
from some suppliers is or was not very good (Im afraid I dont know which
supplier).  Can anyone recommend a good source for anti-myc antibody that
will work in embryos and on western blots?

Cheers,

David

D.R.Micklem,
Tennis Court Road,
Cambridge CB2 1QR                Fruit flies like a banana.
UK
Tel: [+44] (0)223 334129       Email:drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Fax: [+44] (0)223 334089