Postdoctoral Opportunities in Plant Molecular Genetics

Andrew H Paterson ahp2343 at bioch.tamu.edu
Wed Oct 19 21:36:36 EST 1994

Two Postdoctoral Opportunities are available in my lab, for
highly-motivated individuals to energetically pursue ongoing projects
in Arabidopsis and Gossypium (cotton), respectively.  The positions are
described as follows:

Arabidopsis Molecular Genetics:

     My lab has recently published QTL maps of flowering time and
related traits (MGG, in press), and a comparative map of Arabidopsis
and Brassica (Genetics, in press).  I seek a well-qualified individual
to pursue continuing reseach in one or both of these areas, and
possibly other areas to be discussed.
     Qualifications should include Ph.D. in molecular genetics-related
discipline, with comfort in contemporary genome analysis techniques, in
particular experience in megabase DNA manipulation and cloning (BACs
and/or YACs).  Position is available immediately, and is funded for 2
years from 31 Aug 1994.  Salary commensurate with experience,
competitive benefits.  Respond to address below.

Cotton Molecular Genetics:

     My lab has recently published the first detailed molecular map of
the cotton chromosomes (Genetics, in press), and has additional studies
of genome organization, evolution, and transmission genetics in
preparation.  A well qualified individual is sought to pursue
continuing research in one or more of these areas, and possibly other
areas to be discussed.
     Qualifications should include Ph.D. in molecular genetics-related
discipline, with comfort in contemporary techniques for DNA
manipulation and cloning, including automated DNA sequencing and
related data analysis.  Prefer individual with experience in analysis
of repetitive DNA elements.  Position is available 1 Jan 1995 (possibly
sooner), and is funded for 2 years from 31 Aug 1994.  Salary
commensurate with experience, competitive benefits.  Respond to address
below.

Send (email, FAX, or otherwise) credentials, including detailed cv and
names and telephone numbers of at least three professional references,
to Andrew H. Paterson, Plant Genome Mapping Lab, Dept Soil and Crop
Sciences, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843-2474.  Phone
1-409-845-3773; FAX 1-409-845-0456; EMAIL ahp2343 at bioch.tamu.edu.
Texas A&M University is an equal opportunity employer.