apoptosis vs cell-cycle

LOCKSHIN, RICHARD A YPRLBIO at sjumusic.stjohns.edu
Mon Sep 26 14:30:49 EST 1994

message was truncated but as of note:  senescent cells (Hayflick
cells) are not necessarily apoptotic.
Many post-mitotic cells undergo apoptosis.  See all the work on
insects by me et al, Truman, Schwartz, Locke, etc.
The story of apoptosis as an aborted mitosis derives from lymphocytes
and is not necessarily valid, though the signalling mechansisms are
interesting.  See upcoming meetings at Lake Placid 9/29; Keystone
Feb 95, Gordon Conf July 95.
Richard A. Lockshin/Dept. Biol. Sci. St. John's University/8000 Utopia P

Jamaica NY 11439 USA/Phone 718: 990-1854/ Fax 718: 380-8543