Adult anatomy

gxt5 at PSU.EDU gxt5 at PSU.EDU
Thu Sep 29 16:57:00 EST 1994

        Is there a comprhensive description of ADULT melanogaster anatomy
anywhere? I have found the odd diagram focussing on specific systems
(musclulature/gut/trachea etc.) in the usual books. Unfortunately this
hasn't served us well in the 'what on earth is that?' situation that
occasionally crops up in looking at sections.
        At the moment we need a description of the structure of the
proboscis which includes the morphology of the cuticle, if anyone can
answer this more specific query.

Graham Thomas,
Departments of Biology and Biochemisty/Molecular Biology,
The Pennsylvania State University,
328 Mueller Laboratory,
University Park, PA, 16802

Email     GXT5@ PSU.EDU