Radiation

KEIL SHAWN DONOVAN keils at UCSUB.COLORADO.EDU
Fri Apr 7 17:12:34 EST 1995

	I am freshman at CU Boulder and our genetics experiment is to
expose wild type Dros. males to gamma radiation and look for the mutations
which show up in their offspring after mating them with virgin wild
females.  We have based our doses on current numbers set forth by the
Nuclear reglatory Commision, which is based on human tolerance.  Does any
body know an estimate of Dros.'s radio sensitivity as compared to humans?
I haven't been able to find any one who knows this maybe someone can help me.