Vial Supplier Reprise

Greg Fitzgerald gregory.fitzgerald at yale.edu
Fri Apr 7 08:51:36 EST 1995

OK!, OK!, I sense a dying need for information regarding vial sources!!
The bottom line is Applied Scientific of So.San Francisco has by far the
cheapest PLASTIC vials on the market currently.

List Prices:
Vials
25mmOD X 95mm
Bulk(500/cs): 1-9 cs $30 10+ $25
Racked(100/rk 500/cs) 1-9 cs $40 10+ $35
29mmOD X 95mm
Bulk(500/cs): 1-9 cs $30 10+ $25
Racked(100/rk 500/cs) 1-9 cs $40 10+ $35
NOTE: Each institution may be able to negotiate lower pricing based on
large volume purchases.

  Please don't flame me regarding the virtues of glass vs. plastic. I
think each side of this issue is just preaching to the choir so save the
bandwidth of the net!!!  Applied's address is 154 West Harris Ave.
So.San Francisco, CA 94080. Contact Grier Eubanks at 415-244-9851.  You
can request a full price list via FAX at 415-244-9866.  Please be
assured that I nor Yale Univ. by no means endorse or guarantee these
products in any way regarding their use with Drosophila. We are
currently testing a sample provided gratis by the company, but I have
been told that they are in use for Drosophila culture as UCSF.
Greg
"my thoughts are my own, so don't rip them off!"