Help with drugging embryos please!

Julian Dow GBAA02 at
Wed Apr 12 02:39:43 EST 1995

I want to phenocopy a null allele of the V-ATPase I'm working on by
incubating embryos with a water-soluble toxin for varying intervals, then
letting them develop. I'm sure this kind of thing has been done often, but
I can't readily think how to look it up. Can anyone point me to a suitable
(I assume I'll need to dechorionate, but perhaps not devitellinise, and
that I'll have to subsequently protect the embryos from dessication with
halocarbon oil).
Many thanks for any help you can offer, Julian Dow

 - Julian Dow (gbaa02 at