non melanogaster P transformants

John True jtrue at
Thu Apr 20 08:21:49 EST 1995

Has anyone made P element transformants in species other than D.
melanogaster?  We're working with D. mauritiana and we're interested in
comparing notes.

Also, can anyone direct me to a reference with data on heterochromatin
content in D. mauritiana?

Thanks in advance.

John True
e-mail:jtrue at
Zoology Dept.                                              voice:
DCMB Group/Genetics Program                                  fax:
B338 Levine SRC Box 91000
Duke University Durham NC 27708-1000