need help getting started with peptide antibodies

Jonathan A. Reiss jreiss at
Fri Aug 11 14:09:26 EST 1995

thanks for reading this.

i'm looking for a few lead in references and/or advice on the art of
selecting of regions of proteins for generating antisera.  we plan to use
the antibodies in subcellular confocal localization studies, if that makes
any difference.

i'm also wondering what host animals drosophilists would recommend.  we
are interested in packages available from immunodynamics and the pocono
bunny farm which utilize rabbits.  would we be better off going with rats
or guinea pigs?

jreis01 at