Major FlyBase Update

Peter Rice pmr at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Aug 14 19:00:38 EST 1995

In article <9508142157.AA20801 at morgan.harvard.edu> flybase-help at MORGAN.HARVARD.EDU (FlyBase Project Members) writes:
>       Actually, the announcement is a bit on the late side.  We deposited
>   the major update files on August 2 but did not manage to announce them until
>   today.  I attach the directory listing I just made using anonymous
>   ftp to flybase.bio.indiana.edu.  Please let us know if you encountered
>   anything different.

Aha. I was expecting a complete set of new files. I already picked up the
genes.txt file (and I can prove it: http://www.sanger.ac.uk/srs/status.html :-)
but thought maybe there was a new release due (especially as my SRS indexing
shows a little under 7500 genes).

Keep up the good work guys!!

Peter Rice                           | Informatics Division
E-mail: pmr at sanger.ac.uk             | The Sanger Centre
Tel: (44) 1223 494967                | Hinxton Hall, Hinxton,
Fax: (44) 1223 494919                | Cambs, CB10 1RQ